Sunday, April 22, 2018

Tenacious Ten: Race Report

It's race season, it's race season - hurray!  Yesterday I toed the line for the Tenacious Ten 10mi race by Oiselle.  This was my second time doing the race and it didn't disappoint.  I went with a friend, Colleen, and we got there a bit too early.  "Too" because by the lake it was cold. 

The race itself started at Gas Works park and wound around Lake Union.  There were two options, 10mi, or 10k.  The 10mi had a couple out and backs which I didn't love, but all in it was pretty great.

The upshot of getting to the race early, is I got to fangirl out on Kara Goucher and Lauren Fleshman who are both Oiselle pro runners.

The race went clockwise around Lake Union.  Lake Union has some rolling hills, but nothing bad.  For the out and backs, there was one jaunt on the north side of the lake, and another just west of that in the dirt.  As much as I love mud, the dirt out and back is where I had my slowest mile.

All in I ran 1:10 for a 7:03/mi average pace.  I SO wanted sub-7s, but that's something to work for.


No comments: