Sunday, June 3, 2012

To buy: hot yoga gear










I have recently been loving hot yoga.  The one problem is I feel like it comes with a new lineup of gear requirements.  Here's what I checked out:

Yoga towels:
Sounds kind of funny, right?  A bathroom towel should double as a yoga towel - that's what I thought anyhow.  Then, my first class, all the Lululemon clad Queen Anne women were sporting perfect yoga outfits and accessories including yoga towels, headbands, and more.  Here are a couple I checked out:

Yogitoes Skidless Premium Mat-Size Yoga TowelYogaRat 100% Microfiber Yoga Towels: Mat Towels (24" x 72") and Hand Towels (15" x 24")
The YogaRat 100% Microfiber Yoga towel for $29.99on Amazon.com and the Yogitoes Skidless Yoga Towel for $51 (down from $64) on Amazon.com.  I wound up going for the YogaRat towel because of price.  I also bought a Manduka eQua Hand Towel for $15.28... I actually bought this first on accident because I ordered wrong : o/.

Then there's the mat.  I've had a yoga mat since college - one that I loved.  Now it's covered in dust and even a little mold (yikes!) from moving and bad storage (shows what a long hiatus I took from yoga).  Matt's are expensive.  I wound up buying a YogaAccessories Yoga Mat for $20.  I would have loved a Manduka yoga mat, but I just can't see spending $72 on a mat.


Here's my ideal little kit:

Hot yoga gear


PrAna hair accessory
$12 - rockcreek.com


Beauty product
$1.99 - asianfoodgrocer.com





No comments: