Friday, June 19, 2015

Race Report: Brooks Trailhead 10K

Very overdue race report ... In May, I ran the Brooks Trailhead 10K and it was AWESOME.  This was the first year I had heard of this race, but it's been going on a couple years in Seattle.  The field was still pretty small (379 people for the 15K and 379 people for the 10K).  I opted for the 10K because the 15K had a mini out and back by the lake and I'm not a huge fan of out 'n backs. 

The race weather was perfect and the race was beautiful.  The course was very similar to the Seattle's Best 15K (which I don't think is run here anymore - bummer).  It started at Gas Works Park, went over the Fremont Bridge, around the race, a couple rolling hills by Eastlake, and ended back at Gas Works Park.





Because the field was so small, it was rather spread out.  In the beginning there was some build up at the bridge because walkers were started before runners, but beyond that it was smooth sailing.

I wound up placing 2nd female overall with a chip time of 42:41. 


I haven't done a 10K in years (since Bay to Breakers I think) and I have to say, I'm re-hooked on this distance.  It's not too far, but not so short that it's a dead sprint.

Good times.

No comments: