Friday, July 15, 2016

Workout report: Base Camp

Yesterday I took my first Base Camp class and I can't wait to do it again!  My muscles are still recovering from the lifting, flexing, and stretching, and it's awesome.  I took Base Camp in Burlingame, CA and wanted to sign my entire family up on the spot (they have kid's sessions for 7 years old and up - rad).

Here's an overview of the workout:
  • 1min bike
  • 1min press 
  • 1min bike
  • 1min kettle bells
  • 1min bike
  • 1min pushups
  • 1min bike
  • 1min TRX pushups 
You get the picture.  The main class was 35min of intervals and then there was a "bonus" 10min of abs at the end. I feel muscles I've never felt before and I swear I'm more toned than when I went in.  Seriously.  I've been pretty anti cross fit and other similar workouts, but I could get into this!

To top off the excellent class, the people who worked at the gym were amazing and the other class goers pretty dandy too.  I walked in with coffee and they offered me a free water bottle (at other gyms this is ~$3).  In the class I had a hard time figuring out the stations and the other class members helped readily. 

All in, can't wait to go back!  I love it so much I'd open my own franchise if I could.

No comments: