Monday, September 5, 2011

Race Report: Oregon Wine Country Half Marathon

What a terrific weekend and an awesome race!  This weekend we went to Oregon to hang out with my aunt, cousin and his son as well as our friend Scott, and to run the Oregon Wine Country half marathon.  It was an exhausting weekend, and race, and just what I needed.

I have run the Healdsburg Half and the Napa to Sonoma Half - both beautiful.  I think the Oregon may be my favorite, though.  The race started at Stoller vineyard just as the sun was coming up (and oh my goodness - the sky was on fire, there is no better way to start a race).  We ran through vineyards, past cow fields, through residential zones, up a rolling dirt trail, and finished in a small town called Carlton. 

I came in with a time of 1:37:05 and was 67th overall (out of 1112) and second in my age group. 

Matt and the boys met me at the finish line for some good dancing, running around the winery fields, and wine tasting (although just after a run, and so early in the morning, wine tasting is not my ideal downtime).

So fun!  And, I'm happy to say, while it was far from a PR, I think I may just be getting out of my slower time slump.