Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Race report: Oregon Wine Country Half



This weekend we got out of Seattle and made our way to Oregon for some family time and the Oregon Wine Country Half marathon.  We met up with my cousin Matt, his wife Stephanie, and their son Sean (the boys' new idol).  Saturday, after a long drive, we hung out at a hotel pool.  Sean has taken to calling the boys "my babies" and plays with them but also treats them like his little toys - which is adorable.  The boys now have a new obsession with super heroes including Spider Man and others I can't remember the names of.

Saturday evening a friend from work met us and we all made our way for pizza dinner to appease the kids and prep for the race.

Sunday morning we rose early (like 5:30am early) and made our way out to the race.  The race start was one of the most beautiful ever - we got to see the sun coming up over the wineries in Carlton, OR.  At the lineup the announcer said that nearly 70% of the runners were women (woot!)






I wound up running 1:33:57 and placed 6th in my age group.  Not my ideal place, but I was stoked with the time.

Sunday afternoon we (tried) to go wine tasting at Domaine Serene.  We joked that with our boys there it wasn't so serene anymore. 

All in, a great weekend and a great race!