Sunday, September 7, 2014

Race report: Disneyland Half Marathon

Labor Day weekend, Matt, the boys, Papa Lito and Grandma Lita (Matt's parents), and I enjoyed an amazing weekend in San Diego, and then a trip to Disneyland.  We kicked off the Disney trip with a half marathon (well, I kicked off the trip with the run - everyone else slept). 

Here's a blurb about the race from the site:
"Just before sunrise, runners embarked on the 13.1 mile course along legendary Main Street U.S.A. at Disneyland® Park, through Radiator Springs in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure® Park and on to the streets of Anaheim past local landmarks, with a celebratory finish near the Disneyland® Hotel."

The hart part of the race was that it started at 5:30am (yes, AM!!!)  I had to get up at 4am and get to the starting line by 4:30.  The night before, I was of course getting nervous I'd miss the start so I woke roughly every two hours.  This is my glamor shot from race morning with no sleep.

I finished the race in 1:36 - not my PR (I missed it by 5min) and felt great!  It was surprising since I haven't been able to train much.  Here are my full results:

 My favorite parts of the race:
  • Running through the park, there were multiple characters already on rides (e.g. all the princesses on the merry go round) 
  • Running through the stadium, there were videos and names of all the runners - awesome!
  • Mickey and Minnie kissed at the starting line while wearing race clothes - so cute.

No comments: