Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day!

It's been quite a year.  We had a bladder cancer scare (Matt), cyst (me), and many sicknesses we call the plague (Wilson and Cole).  It's been a delightful year, too.  My dad turned 70 and can still out cycle me.  My mom's quilting is amazing and she gifted a quilt made of my race shirts recently (more on that another time), and the boys excelled in 1st.

On this Father's Day I'm thankful for many things... from my dad, I'm thankful I learned to have an eye for art.  I'm thankful I've been inspired to find sports as part of life (cycling and running are key sports), and I'm thankful for kindness and love.  From my Matt (dad of Cole and Wilson), I'm thankful for peace, happiness, and love for me and my family.

Here's to dads, and here's to inspiration through family and love.

No comments: