Monday, June 26, 2017

Sprained toe - oh no!

Well, after my getting so psyched on running from camp this weekend, I sprained my toe 😦 It happened in the last mile of my last run yesterday - I tripped on a root and fell like a pancake.  I thought I could shake it off, but with a bluish foot this morning I thought I should get it checked out.  No fracture - cool!  But a sprain - not cool!  And a sprain and fracture have the same healing; namely RICE (rest, ice, compression, and elevation).  When I was at the doctor's, I asked about 15 different ways how I can work out.  "Wait 3 days," she kept saying, "then you can swim and bike.  No running for 3 weeks minimum."  I'm already antsy to hit a trail or road!  Oof.  Will be thinking of creative ways to workout - core and arms, here I come!

No comments: