Friday, October 15, 2010

Does my butt look big in my spandex bike suit?

For the past two weeks I've been riding my bike to work (literally, over the river, through the woods, then through the city I go).  I typically ride in work clothes (ew, nast, gotta change that) because between my laptop, lunch, and some sort of high heal something, I don't have room for much else in my computer bag. 

A few funny things I've noticed while riding ...
  • The spandex crew: a LOT of people around Seattle ride in their logo'd spandex matching outfits (even spandex hats - no joke - it's like a swim cap for the rain here I guess)
  • Ya never know who the fasties are, and who the slow pokes are: when riding I'm constantly shocked at how the spandex crew can be SO SLOW!  I feel like I'm tailgating on my bike.  Then there are the 60 something men rocking shorts and an old sweater who could lap me around the city twice.  How do they do it?!  Dad?...  (side note, I do think my dad would be faster than anyone here - he should come - hint hint :) ).
  • Cars are nice!: In SF I barely rode my bike - partly because the steep hills scared the youknowwhat out of me, and partly because drivers are so mean there.  I used to be one of the mean drivers, too.  Some bikers in the city give bikers a bad name and then everyone pays.

To continue my riding-scapades, I've decided I need to get properly suited.  No matching spandex onsie thing, mind you, just prepped for the onslaught of rain that's around the corner.


No comments: