Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Kids on the go

Seattle is a great city because even with the rain I feel like people don't really slow down - kids are always outside running, playing soccer in the rain (and snow), climbing trees, and more.  One thing I've noticed recently (and it's my own penchant for shopping that made me notice) is there aren't a lot of choices for kids "workout" or "activity" clothes.  We put our boys in their same jeans and khakis that they wear everywhere else - which means our house is the place toddler clothes come to die.  After a few weeks they all have holes, grass stains, and broken snaps/zippers/etc.

So where are all the kids workout / activity clothes?  I found a few places:
  • Amazon has kids workout clothes from most big brands (including Adidas, Under Armour, and more) - some of the sizing is mostly for older "kids" though 
  • Gap Kids has a decent Activewear section ... the girls section touts sequenced sweatshirts, though,  which I'm not quite sure make the "active" cut
  • Lululemon recently launched iVivva - great clothes for young/tween girls (warning - similar prices to the "grown up" versions)

No comments: