Sunday, April 1, 2012

10-min headstart for Beantown Marathon?!

When I saw today's AmazonLocal deal I was psyched!  For $39 Marathon Shortcuts (the vendor selling the deal on AmazonLocal) will give you a 10min head start off the Beantown Marathon.  That's like being seeded, but better.  Rad! 

I ran Boston in 2010 and it changed me as a runner.  Marathon's are a little funny - I would compare them to having a baby.  The newborn phase, or post-race feeling just after finishing a marathon, is exhilarating and exhausting at the same time.  Everything hurts - even the eyelids.  On the flip side, the feeling of "oh my gosh, I did that!" is pretty amazing.  When I finished Boston I swore I would never do a marathon again.  Now, I'm signing up for the Portland Marathon, considering doing the New York marathon this year, and am psyched to potentially faux PR at Boston. 




Here are the details:
  • The deal gives a 10min head start
  • You can buy up to 4 vouchers (40 minute head start?!)
  • When you finish the race you get chili
Note: don't stop training just yet - this is an April fools joke from the funny folks at AmazonLocal.  They had me at "2 hour race."

No comments: