Monday, October 21, 2013

Race report: Magnuson Park cyclocross

Another week, another new sport to try - this time I gave it a go with cyclocross at Magnuson Park.  The race was AWESOME and I can't wait to do another cyclocross race.  It was funny, too - I showed up and was the only person out of hundreds in running clothes (everyone else had matchy spandex outfits and clip in shoes).  For those of you who don't know what cyclocross is, here's the Clif Notes - you bike on dirt trails in mud and on some cement trails, then pick the bike up and carry it over two 2' high "walls" (the pros often bunny hop where they jump the bike over the walls), then bike more, then pick the bike up and run up a flight of stairs, then bike bike bike ... and do it all again.  I completed 3 rounds of the course - here's the loop:
All in, a TON of fun.  I can't wait to do this again ... 


No comments: