Sunday, April 22, 2018

Masters Swim Report

In my continued attempt to like swimming, or at least not completely dread it, I am hitting the pool at least weekly.  Last week I wound up in my swim session at the same time as aqua aerobics which was not the best idea.  After about 20min of swimming, I noticed a cloudy mist coming through the water from the direction of the aqua aerobics class.  I'll let you guess what that was, but I was completely grossed out.

This week, I went for lap time and wound up timing it perfectly with a Master's Class so opted for that instead.  SO awesome!  My normal swim is get in, do a mile, get out.  And my stroke is freestyle with only breathing on the right side every other stroke.  In the class, we did the following:
  1. Easy 10 laps 
  2. 200s with the buoy
  3. Easy 10 laps 
  4. 200s with the buoy and hand fins breathing every 3 strokes 
  5. Easy 10 laps 
In this short session I learned to breath less frequently (sounds counter intuitive but helped a ton!), breath on both sides, and turn more in the water to cut through faster.  



No comments: