Saturday, April 14, 2018

Run Report: 20 was plenty

Today was my last long run before Big Sur Marathon.  I met up with my running buddy Milah and we set off for 10 around Lake Union.  I love my running partner - we talk politics, health, marriage, running grossnesses, joys, stressors, and angst.

We set off down the side of Queen Anne and then along the canal looping to Lake Union at the Brook's store.  Our pace was steady and conversational - best kind!  Milah is prepping for the London Marathon, so we talked marathon stress and excitement, all the way to what our respective proms were like.  The biggest thing we talked about is how everyone looks so perfect on social media - clean house, no stress, perfect smile.  Here's my social media post - on the left is how I want to appear, on the right is a puffed face holding the boogers into my nose instead of dripping into my mouth:

After the first lake loop, Milah headed back up the hill - her marathon is a week before me so she's in "taper-cation" mode.  I stood by the lake getting the Deena Kastor book teed up again and trying to decide if I really felt like doing another loop.  As soon as the book was going through my headphones I was amped up enough to get around the lake one more time.

Towards the end of my second lake loop, the sky opened up and started a shower of rain with more pressure than my shower.  Kind of a nice way to cool, but the mix of sweat, snot, maybe some tears, and rain made me overcome with salt.  All good, though - sustenance! 


I finally finished loop two and decided on stairs up Queen Anne and a final QA loop to hit 20.



No comments: