Sunday, March 14, 2010

Book report: Run Like a Mother

One of my blog readers is a runner, a mother, and a published author (which is truly inspiring to me).  She just co-authored Run Like a Mother: How to Get Moving--and Not Lose Your Family, Job, or Sanity (by Dimity McDowell and Sarah Bowen Shea) and they sent me an early access copy.  I'm HOOKED on this book.  Flipping through the pages I found myself thinking "uh huh," "yep, been there," and "me too," quite a book.

Dimity and Sarah chronicle their journey through momhood, working, and being runners and include anecdotes around everything from how to juggle it all, to the whole skirt thing that's hitting the scene.  I'm particularly digging the book because it's not a novel type where you have to sit and read it front to back (although sequence helps).

Already I've flipped open the book for a little pre-run inspiration taking in whatever is on the page presented me (post flip - you get the picture) before heading out the door.  It's an easy, fun read.  If you're a mom with the juggling act (kids + running +/- work) I highly recommend this.  It's always nice to know we're not alone ... but now I'm feeling a bit humbled that these moms can work + run + get published - stardom.

No comments: