Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Out of such amazing sorrow, there is love

No parent should see the passing of a child.  It's not fair.  This past weekend we went to the memorial service for our niece (Matt's brother and his amazing wife's daughter), Rhiannon Lynn Taylor.  Rhiannon was born October 27, 2009 and lived for 5 amazing months - she was born with Trisomy 18 so the fact that she lived for 5 months is a true miracle. 

There have been a lot of lessons over these past months.

Rhiannon's lessons: Rhiannon was the epitome of love.  Looking into her eyes, anyone who got to meet her got to look at love.  She was a beautiful angel (her mom called her "my little angel") and you could tell that she adored her parents.

Rhiannon's parent's lessons: I am in awe of Gabe and Amanda. Often times, parents leave children with Trisomy 18 in the hospital as they're too scared to take care of them, or don't know what to do.  That's OK.  What Gabe and Amanda did, I think is inspirational beyond belief - they decided they wanted to make Rhiannon comfortable and give her all the love they could. Their family is beautiful and you could tell (and still can) being with them it's a family of love.  At the memorial service Gabe and Amanda spoke of their sweet baby girl - the 150+ people who were there cried, and then truly celebrated her life. Amanda is the most astonishing mother I have ever met hands down - her patience, adoration, and love are inspirational. Both Amanda and Gabe are "rocks" - together I truly think they can do anything.  Together they gave Rhiannon an amazing life filled with love, their time, and even laughter.



Seeing someone so young pass away of course raises a lot of questions.  What was God thinking?  How is this fair?  Why?...  It is also a reminder. Love your family.


Here is Rhiannon's song (by Fleetwood Mac):
For you, there’ll be no more crying
For you, the sun will be shining
And I feel that when I’m with you
It’s alright, I know it’s right
 
To you, I’ll give the world
To you, I’ll never be cold
‘Cause I feel that when I’m with you
It’s alright, I know it’s right
 
And the songbirds are singing
Like they know the score
And I love you, I love you, I love you
Like never before
 
And I wish you all the love in the world
But most of all, I wish it from myself
 
And the songbirds keep singing
Like they know the score
And I love you, I love you, I love you
Like never before
Like never before
Like never before

No comments: