Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Playing catch up

It has been a ridiculously busy few weeks. Between teaching online, my "day job" (really my 60+ hours a week job) launching a new store, and our boys deciding they're full fledged toddlers with fits and wanting to do everything their way (which is good ... just tests the patience) there's been a lot going on.  Here's the quick catch up:
Last weekend I competed in the RainMan Tri.  I placed 50th overall out of 284 and 10th female out of 171.  I also learned I need to practice swimming!  It's been nearly two years since I've been in a pool for laps (vs. baby swim class) and that just doesn't cut it.  The Tri was very short - it was a 30-min swim in an in-door pool, a 30-min bike on a trainer in-doors, and a 2.97 mile swim.  My kind of tri!
The week was workworkwork and we wound up pushing a new store live at 4am on Tuesday morning - I know because I was awake and working on it from Sunday after the race almost straight through to that minute.  And I'm quite proud of the site - as a customer and a marketer, it feels good to see it up there.

Last weekend Jamie stayed over which was AWESOME!  We went to a wine bar for a girl's night and caught up on life, travels, dreams, and goals.  Saturday morning Jamie, Matt and I packed up the boys and took the ferry over to Bainbridge Island where we tried to take in a nice brunch.  Just a few minutes into the brunch the boys decided it was time to go for a run so I did laps out in front of the restaurant while Jamie and Matt speedily ate. 

We then explored the island a bit before hopping in the car to catch the 11am ferry (can't mess with nap time which is at noon, so we didn't have a ton of time to explore). 

No comments: