Sunday, August 21, 2011

To wear: a topper

I am a firm believer in wearing a helmet when biking.  A few months ago I forgot my helmet when leaving the house and didn't realize it until I was at the bottom of our hill and the wind was blowing through my hair.  What did I do? Trek back up the hill to get the helmet.  I am SO thankful I was wearing a helmet on Friday - Matt and I were looking at it this morning and I managed to crack the foam all the way through to the shell with my fall.  Whoa.  So the first and most important thing to wear (when biking) is a good helmet:


As I now have a giant gash on my head that will no doubt turn into a big scar, I am becoming quite fond of hats.  I've always liked them but now I'm starting to think of them like mascara or chap-stick - just another thing you throw on that ties everything together.  My favorites?  Goorin Bros. Hats - a company from San Francisco that luckily has a store here in Seattle.  Yesterday I treated myself to this fedora (but mine has white pinstripes):

1 comment:

Lucy Autrey Wilson said...

Good idea. I don't think you throw up mascara and hats, though, I think you probably throw them on.