Thursday, February 14, 2013

SF or Bust!

Last weekend we made our way to SF for the first time in nearly 2-years - way too long!  The boys unfortunately all (Matt, Cole, and Wilson) were sick - as were my parents. 

Friday night Matt and I handed the boys off to my mom and went to Ryan's house in Noe Valley for a grown up night.  We met up with Rob and Emily and went out for Mexican where we saw the cast from Myth Busters sitting next to us.  I tried for a bunch of pix but all were too dark - rats!  No claim to fame option with TMZ.

Saturday we woke at the leisurely hour of 7am and went for breakfast at our old favorite coffee shop La Boulange (which apparently has been bought by Starbucks - my two cities are coming together!)  Then, after a coffee and catch up with Courtney and her new husband, we did a drive about tour of our old SF apartments and made our way to Marin to relieve my mom of double twin duty. 

Sunday morning Matt had to go to SD and we had another friend flurry catch up with Emily and Louis and Reiko.  Can't beat good friends!  Then my family (aunts, grandma and grandpa) came over for brunch and boy time. It was great seeing the boys with my 94-95 year old grandparents.


Monday I had to fly with both boys back to Seattle on my own.  As if that wasn't enough, my mom's car battery died leaving us to take the Marin Airporter to the airport.  Once at the airport the line to check in was so long and then the subsequent security line was so long, that I made it onto the plane by 1min. Truly.  After trying to entertain for the short 1.5-hour flight, we landed without too many nasty looks from the people whose backs the boys were kicking.  The baggage claim was another story, though.  Wilson and Cole kept trying to climb on the baggage belt - when I pulled them off Wilson shouted "you are a POOPOO face!!!" and Cole ran in the opposite direction.  Then I definitely got some looks.

All in, it was great seeing family and friends and I REALLY miss my old city.  Now we're ready for a vacation from our vacation.

No comments: