Sunday, March 10, 2013

Cross training made streaming

As I continue to train for the Big Sur marathon and other "mini" races I've signed up for, cross training is becoming more and more important.  Running this morning I realized my core was more wiggle than stable and my arms were getting exhausted.  I've tried classes at the gym and am a fan of a few; namely FlyWheel and Bar Method, but beyond these I can't get myself through an entire class.  On weekends the hardest thing about trying to do a class is getting out of the house - with a run I can get on my shoes, go out the door, and be back in 45min.  With a class there's drive time, prep time, etc.  I want badly for the boys to be athletic (they have the energy for it), and I think it's important to lead by example.  With running the boys see my races and see me going out the door - now I want to do stuff with them. 

Introducing online classes ... I came across EMG Live in a recent Fast Company article, and I have to say I'm hooked!  I can cross train and be with the boys - win win.

I also have to say, I'm a big fan of the company concept and the founder.  I recently got to meet with Joyce, the founder and CEO, and I'm so inspired by what she's done.  She created the company from the ground up filling a need she had that she knows other people have - good, changing, fitness for the masses.  One stand out that's pretty cool is I now get the opp to take classes from teachers on the East and West Coast from my living room. 

No comments: