Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend roundup: travel and time

This weekend was a whirlwind.  Thursday I flew to New York for a couple meetings.  After landing, it was super windy and starting to rain so instead of a run through Central Park (my favorite) I opted for a Hilton gym workout (decent backup) to catch up on the news and get some cardio at the same time.  After a quick workout and run down to the market for chicken soup dinner, I read the boys a goodnight story on Skype and then immediately fell asleep myself.  Friday I somehow woke at 7am ET (4am at home) and made it for a quick workout again.  Then, was in back to back meetings from 9am until 6pm not leaving much time for city exploring.  Saturday morning I was up and off to the airport at the brutal hour of 5am ET.  One of the two things I fell in love with in NY was the Uber app - an app that let's you get a car service from your phone.  Even at 5am, I got a car within 6min and it was cheaper than a taxi (and WAY cleaner!)  The second thing I fell in love with was EMG Live - I started exploring the site last week and geeked out on it more when I was traveling.

Back in Seattle, the boys picked me up at the airport and we made our way to look at bathroom goods (e.g. tiles, tubs - the really exciting stuff!)  As we continue to plan home renovations, we continue to explore for deals.
Sunday was a mellow day around the house - then we made our way to Carey's for dinner and a playdate with her boys (her labrodoodles).

No comments: