Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pain in the B

By B here, I mean back... I took a 2-week hiatus from running (primarily from being too tired to run in the morning before work, but being just a-ok to do the elliptical and catch up on the news in the morning).  Last week I started having crazy back spasms and pain down through my knee - ouch!  I went to a PT and she kept pushing me for "what did I do?  No really, what did I do?"  I had no idea.  Piecing back time, I realized it was what I didn't do - run.  Well, that and the elliptical.  I think that I over-elliptical'd with bad form in the mornings and just stopped rotating my hips / natural motion thus tweaking everything just a little bit out of whack.  Not fun.

So now I'm back to trying to figure out how to fit it all in.  Lucky for me, we're going camping tomorrow so I can re-convene with nature and hit some trails for runs while I'm at it.  I do believe that while running isn't always the greatest for the body, natural motion is good.

No comments: