Monday, May 10, 2010

My new favorite holiday: Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day and it has quickly become my new favorite holiday - this being my first Mother's Day, it was the first time I got to celebrate.  Mother's Day far surpasses birthdays - birthdays we don't "work" for, Mother's Day we work/live/love/laugh/stay awake for. 

The weekend started with dinner with some of our friends from daycare at our favorite local Mexican restaurant.


Saturday I took the boys for a quick 3-mile run while Matt went rock climbing (just as we were making our way around Chrissy Field the wind picked up in full effect - wind + double Bob + 40lbs of babies = tough running!).


Sunday (M-Day), after the boys' first bottle and play time, we headed to Blue Bottle (hands down best coffee in SF - the fact that all the people who work there have mustaches, wear horn rimmed glasses and pencil pants, and have their single track bikes chained up outside is commical, but for the caffein packed deliciousness I'm in!).  Post coffee we were off to Cole Valley to drive aroiund and dream about being rich enough to live there.  We hit up a nice backery and then the park before heading to SOMA for more "site seeing."

The first Mother's Day gift?  Matt made me a bookmark with pictures of us and our boys on both sides.  I've never cried after opening a gift, after this one, I was balling and smiling.

No comments: