Monday, July 26, 2010

Money Saver Monday: Buy New!

Over the past few months I've been trying very hard to save money and cut corners wherever possible.  To this effect, I've been scouring the web for deals in "ever online nook and cranny."  I've scored in some respects - Cop Copine fleece for $10, check.  Half off on desserts for myself and a group of other twin moms, score! 

But I also tried to get a few goodies for the boys - videos to be exact.  We don't let our boys watch TV yet - not sure when we will in fact.  A while back I bought "Your Baby Can Read" DVDs, but they were so scary we stopped watching them - instead we just started (drumroll) reading more.  In a moment of weakness, I bought the boys two more DVDs I'm not sure when we'll let them watch: Aladdin and The Jungle Book.  Problem?  Aladdin is orange on the cover and the video is only 45-min ... hm.  The Jungle Book has a female lead and appears to have subtitles, even in the inside cover.  Weird.

Moral of the story?  A deal isn't always a deal - cheap can be ... cheap.

No comments: