Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Better run run run run run run run run

A recent study just came out saying that by 2030 more than 40% of the United States could be obese.

According to published reports of the study, there are five strategies which must be implemented if the U.S. is to get back in shape.  Those five strategies include:
1.    Make it easier for people to work physical activity into their daily lives;
2.    Create an environment where healthy food and beverage options are the routine, easy choice;
3.    Improve messages about physical activity and nutrition;
4.    Expand the role of health care providers, insurers and employers in obesity prevention;
5.    Make schools a national focal point for obesity prevention.

To point 3, I think it's so important to show our kids how fun being outside can be.  My boys are hooked on "running" and "yoga" and it makes my heart smile.

I am challenging myself to help kids get active. 

There, now I'll get off my soapbox.  :)

No comments: