Thursday, January 23, 2014

I can't believe ...

Three little words I think all moms know well: "I can't believe" often followed by: "they grew so fast!" "My baby is grown up." "I'm 3# (4#, 5#, 6#, 7#, 8#, 9#...)" "It's already ."  And now it's my turn to say these magic words - I can't believe my boys are starting kindergarten next year - yikes!  This week my mom and I went to check out Coe, the school the boys are going to attend next year.  Even as an adult, the school felt giant - I can't imagine what the boys will feel.  

Here are some pics from our trip:

The gym where the boys will be timed - did you know the fitness standard for a 7 year old girl to run a half mile is 5:40, and for a boy it's 4:50?  Did you know at 6 a girl should be able to do 25 curl ups, 4 push ups, and 9 "sit and reaches" and a boy should be able to do 28 curl ups, 4 push ups, and 8.5 "sit and reaches."  Me neither!
And here's the cafeteria.  Ah I miss the days of swapping lunches and drinking juice from a tiny box.

No comments: