Friday, February 5, 2010

Mom in the City



I'm a city girl through and through. I don't know if it was all the SATC we watched in college, the study abroad trips to London, Thailand (various big cities), and Sydney, or just all the great memories in cities like Boston and New York. San Francisco is very much my city - right down to the countless isms that happen here almost daily (isms being things like men hula dancing in Washington Square while wearing traditional Chinese dragon outfits, Sushi restaurants in North Beach staffed by all Mexicans, or people speed walking in suits rocking out on their iPods with flip flops and North Face backpacks as they sprint to work in the financial district).

You can read more about my city love affair on Shabby Apple's blog. This was from the days when I traveled more for work and got to spend a week in NYC and is about one of my favorite city memories hands down. It's also about another love of mine ... great clothes.

p.s. the photo is a definite San Franciscism, not a New Yorkism.

No comments: