Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A lift on pelvic tilts - getting my gut and groove back

I still haven't been cleared to workout (T minus two weeks and three days ... but who is counting ;o) ) so I'm definitely in the "take it easy" mode with short walks (time allowing - and time is minimal so these are short short walks) and light stretching. I'm a huge advocate of the "listen to your body" philosophy in recovery - this rang true for recovering from races and it's proving to be true for recovery from the c-section.
Side-note, there's no such thing as listening to my body to recover from the 2-hours a sleep I'm getting a night - I think that's a have-to-deal-dilemma.

The past few days, I've been incorporating VERY minimal core work back into my routine and I'm thrilled to learn that my old running stretches are proving helpful and effective. My favorite of the day? The Bosu aided pelvic tilt. Here's how it works:
  • Lay on back with feet on a bosu ball - knees at a 90 degree angle
  • Lift pelvis 6in - 1ft
  • Roll feet forward extending legs almost straight
  • Roll feet back
  • Lower pelvis
  • Repeat!
I've been doing 20 of these a day and loving it - it's not only a great baby step back into core work but it helps ease the pain in my lower back (leaning over cribs and Boppys 100+ times a day is a killer on the back) and stretch out my legs and rear (I want to keep a few years between me and mom jeans.

The boys like them too:

Wilson's version: ................................................... And Cole's:

No comments: