Thursday, May 14, 2009

Take it and Run Thursday: Gearing up for Summer

This week's theme is ... Gearing Up For Summer. With the really warm summer temperatures around the corner, it is time to dust off our warm weather gear, tips and know how in order to transition and run well into summer. Share your best tips for how you transition from cooler to warmer temperatures as well as stay cool during those hot weather runs.

Summer to me means awesome trail races, fun runs at the beach and in the mountains (Mt. Tam being a personal fav), and incorporating ladders and stairs into runs (I guess this goes hand in hand with some of the trail races). On the downside it means dehydration risk, poison oak (I seem to get it every Summer - typically on Angel Island), and weird runner's sunburns making cap sleeve dresses on Monday at the office impossible.

Summer Running
Summer Running by Marathon Mom featuring Nike Shoes

My tips for Summer running?
  • Coconut Water - the BEST sports drink hands down
  • Cool clothes - I'm a fan of Under Armour shorts and Lululemon tanks
  • Good running socks - Nike makes some great cool socks
  • Water water water! (I hate the belts, though - they make me have to go to the bathroom way too often)
  • Garmin - gotta track those runs!

1 comment:

Lauren @ mostly i run said...

Hmm, I think I'm going to have to try some coconut water!