Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: gummy bears

Need I say more? I'm partial to the sugar free vitamin C kind. I LOVE gummies - I love eating them, playing with them (yes, I admit, I play with my food - my boys will be better than me), and daydreaming about them while finishing a gruelling spin class.
If you're interested, here's the history of the gummy/gummi from Wikipedia:
The Gummi Bear originates from Germany where it is popular under the name De-Gummibär.ogg Gummibär (rubber bear) or De-Gummibärchen.ogg Gummibärchen (little rubber bear). Hans Riegel of Bonn invented bear-shaped sweets and started the Haribo company in 1922, which produced and introduced its Gold-Bear product in the 1960s. Trolli is another gummi candy manufacturer and the first to introduce gummi worms in 1981.

Thank you Hans!

No comments: