Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Work it girl

I'm a runner. It's what I do for fun, for stress relief, and yes, I'll admit, for the t-shirts (I love love love to race). There are things women have to give up when pregnant - salami and wine to name two. Running is not one of these things.


I (and Pregnancy Today) think "runners" are the most stubborn of sporties and don't take quitting sitting down (unless there's an injury of course). Finding out I was pregnant I was scared I couldn't run - a contraire- running, any kind of fitness actually, is encouraged when one is pregnant.



There are tons of good books on what to do/not do when working out while pregnant. Nine Months and Strong gives tips for running mommies to help with injuries, find good foods, and learn how to overcome the mental walls.

No comments: