Wednesday, June 17, 2009

34 weeks pregnant with twins - belly pics - ready and ridin'!

I've made it to 34-weeks - woo hoo! I'm feeling quite "large and in charge" and I'm thrilled to be in the homestretch. Weeks are filling up with doctor appointments but I'm also thankfully working on a lot of cool projects during my day job and am still able to hit the gym. The bigger I get, the funnier strangers get. Last week at a festival a (very drunk) guy came over saying he wanted to "orbit" my belly. Weird ... and kind of gross. Homeless people have taken to singing to me - no joke, one man walked almost a full block behind me singing lullibys.

All the oddities aside, I'm feeling quite lucky to have the best husband, awesome friends, and still have energy (although it's dwindling). This week in spin the teacher cheered when I walked in - total motivation; I may be spinning on a much lower gear with my knees out to the side, but whatever - it feels great!

Per Baby Center, here's what's going on in there (side note - all the fruit analogies baby sites use for baby size are starting to get difficult to read - not only can I not look at a melon the same anymore, but I'm having fruit withdrawal as the GD limits the amount I can eat):

"How your baby's growing:

Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies."

1 comment:

mommyemmy said...

hi...im emmy i am also expecting twins...im expecting two lovely girls...not identical...i am also 34 weeks i am due april 25 2010... =)