Monday, June 29, 2009

Money Saver Monday: Pay with Cash!

I've been looking for a trainer to round out my "at home gym" for a few weeks now and kept coming up empty handed - they were either too expensive, too broken (the few used ones I found), or too loud (that tiny fan is like a mosh pit at a concert)! Saturday, I struck gold - or should I say flywheel built in fan radness - I found a Cycle-Ops Fluid at a used bike store in San Rafael.
Normal price of trainer: $329 (although it's on sale at Amazon.comfor $260 right now)
Price marked on used trainer: $120
Price I paid: $63 (all the cash in my wallet!)

Plus, the clerk threw in the CycleOps Stackable Climbing Block and hub skewer free! BAM - love it.

After testing the trainer (while enjoying a nice look at my shoes (the overflow from our closet are in the living room) and "The Devil Wears Prada"I know it was money very well spent.

No comments: