Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Life's list

I think every day is a day to dream and set goals (OK, that sentence is borderline cheesy but hear me out). If we waited until New Year's every year for setting goals, we'd be stunted. Today I was musing on all the successful people around me (and I'm lucky to be surrounded by quite a few) and I came to the realization that they have 3 things in common:
  1. They're "big" - it's true - they have big personalities
  2. They do what they're passionate about - true success comes from loving what you do and doing what you love
  3. They set goals and are OK with changing goals as they go

So here's my short list:
  • Raise two happy, healthy, smart boys and show them the world
  • Have a garden - my dad has the best green thumb, I hope some rubbed off!
  • Live with Matt and boys in another big city (country?) for at least 1-year (Vancouver, Boston, NYC, Washington, London, Barcelona, Amsterdam...)
  • Run the Boston marathon - this is on the calendar for 2010
  • Do an iron man
  • Run the Great Wall of China marathon
  • Run the NYC marathon
  • Write a book - I have two outlines ... now to write ...
  • Write a children's book - a "page" I hope to take from my brilliant writing mom's book (heh - get the play on words? Writing...)
  • Go to a black tie ball
  • Go to a museum or art gallery opening
  • Go to Death Valley
  • Go to the Grand Canyon
  • Read the top 10 books every written
  • Get published in a magazine
OK, maybe not so short - good thing I'm patient. There's time.

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

What are the top 10 books ever? I would think that would be an extremely hard list to create.

Great goal list, by the way! :)