Thursday, February 19, 2009

The times we'll have

Being able to let the cat out of the bag (or gut out of the suck in) I had the "work talk" - namely, what'll I do after having the twins? It was necessary to have "the talk" because VPs are proclaiming, "Congrats! When are you off?" Life and then back to business.

So here's the plan (and I'm thrilled):
  • 6 weeks off completely on maternity leave
  • 2 months working from home 5-days a week (we'll have in-home help - family, Matt and I trading off, and babysitters)
  • 4 months working 1-2 days in the office and 3-4 days at home (we're hoping to find a co-op daycare, sharecare, or inexpensive but reputable daycare for the days we're both in the office)
  • Figure it out from there
I am so lucky in that a) my boss is understanding - he knows I'm still career oriented AND I need to be a good mom and b) my company wants to keep employees and trusts that I really will work when I'm working from home.

Let's just hope I don't need to go on bed rest...

No comments: