Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Working out when I just don't want to

My feet are still on fire from the Kaiser Half, it's cold in San Francisco, work is keeping me quite busy ... oh, and I'm pregnant with twins! All these excuses make it easy to opt out on working out. So what do I lose by not working out? My energy back. My stress decreased. My "me" time.

After a mental battle with excuses and comebacks this afternoon, I dragged myself to the gym. I'm a runner at heart and in practice, but when I can't run or am feeling too laggy, the gym is a great alternative. There are movies (my gym is in an old movie theater) and the elliptical machines provide a perfect venue for reading through mile piles of pregnancy magazines.

Here's my "I just don't want to but know I should" workout:
  • 30-minutes elliptical with an incline at level 9
  • 3 sets of 15-reps free weight curls
  • 3 sets of 15-reps free weight lat pulls
  • 3 sets of 15-reps free weight lat pushes
  • Stretch
  • Done!

No comments: