Sunday, January 25, 2009

Money Saver Monday: make your own face wash

Over the years I have spent more money than I wish to admit on soaps, gels, creams, scrubs, serums, and anything else that promises to make my skin bright, clear, and young. Recently a shocking Sephora bill coupled with a cabinet clean-out convinced me to change my spending - I don't really need 5 different washes, 3 lotions, 3 serums, and water (yes, I paid for some Japanese water that promises to make my skin radiant), so I decided to try to make my own.

I did a quick search on all my favorite organic and fancy-pants (Barney's) washes and came up with my own recipe:
  • 1 large container of Cetaphil
  • Aloe gel
  • Lavender oil
  • Ylang ylang oil
  • Tea tree oil
  • 1 beautiful expensive looking container
The result? I've been using my homemade skincare for 30-days exactly now and my skin is looking better than ever. I can't decide if it's the lack of product build-up, my genius concoction, or the "pregnant glow" but the clear/bright skin + dollar savings is working for me.

1 comment:

Krafty said...

I guess our 'at home' cleaning solution experiments from childhood are really paying off for you! Did you call your cleanser "Clean-Clang"?