Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Argentinian steak

It's official, we found the best steakhouse in San Francisco - El Raigon Argentina. Walking home from Bay Club one night I took the "direct route" up and over Coit Tower hill and down Union Street. Tucked away in between houses and apartments was El Raigon - a simple steakhouse with exposed brick walls, butcher block tables, and a simple menu - meat and potatoes. We wound up going last weekend to celebrate Matt's test success and were SO impressed. I love steak and I love eating out and this place took the prize for best of both out of all the restaurants I've tried in my 6 years living in the city.

So bueno.

Here's what we ordered:
  • Salad
  • Empanadas
  • Entrana
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Red potatoes
  • Squash
And, the waiter (seeing as I couldn't partake in the great Argentinian wine) ran across the street and bought a non-alcoholic Beck's so I could celebrate, too.

1 comment:

Amy Ruffo said...

I love steak too! I can't wait to try this place.