Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Baked and boiled baby artichokes


I love artichokes. I love dipping them and eating them like chips, pealing leaf by leaf to get to the sweet center, and spending my time with dinner. My new favorite trick is boiling then baking. With baby artichokes you don't need much time so these are a perfect in-a-pinch healthy treat.

  • Boil artichokes for 20-min (2 at a time in one pot)
  • Cut artichokes in half and drizzle balsamic vinegar and salt on the center
  • In pre-heated oven on 350, bake for 10 minutes
  • Eat and enjoy!
I love dipping the leaves in mayonnaise with lemon. This is the not-so-healthy add-on.

Check out the California artichoke advisory board for more recipes (yes, there's really an advisory board).

1 comment:

Krafty said...

We've been eating this a ton since you girls came to Vail. My favorite dip is a bit of mayonnaise, lemon, Truffle Mustard (!!) and pepper. mmmmmm.....