Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: St. Patty's feast!


(I'm drinking soda, BTW, not wine)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Being St. Patty's Day, here is a recipe I hold near and dear from Healthy Cooking. I'm a huge fan of corned beef so any excuse to make and eat it is good enough for me...

Corned beef brisket - 3lbs
Cabbage - 1/2 head (cut in 1 inch size)
White Onions - 2 (cubed)
Beef soup stock or water - 1 to 2 cups
Salt and pepper (add to taste)

Mix the ingredients in the crock pot, except the cabbage. Cook on low for 6 hours and then add in the cabbage for 2 more hours.

The cabbage is added near the end for the second corned beef crock pot recipe because it doesn't take long to cook.

2 comments:

Jamie Bordewyk said...

If you have some room you can add carrots and potatoes with the cabbage for a full meal! YUM!

Krafty said...

I'm Irish and have never even had that - I need to make some! OR, you could make me some and FedEx it to me!