Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Skillet Steak

When I get too tired it's typically because I need iron or vitamin B. Tonight I thought it was the former, so we made a Skillet Steak the "clean" way (aka, no frying).

Ingredients:
1 lb steak
1/2 onion
1/2 red pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
Hot peppers to taste

1 C loose spinach
1/2 avocado
1/2 tomato
1/4 C black olives

Steak:
Pre-heat oven to 350, once warm, put steak in a skillet and season with salt and pepper
Cook for 15-min (this is medium (I'm a medium rare or rare fan but I need to stick to thoroughly cooked right now))
Bring pan up to stove-top on medium heat and add chopped up onions and red bell pepper
Saute meat with veg until the outside of the steak is crispy and the veg are soft
Plate with hot peppers to taste

Salad:
Plate loose spinach with chopped up avocado, tomato, and olives
Oil/balsamic drizzle
Salt and pepper to taste

No comments: